Last week, Fast Company announced its 2016 Top Innovative Companies in the Automotive Sector. Among those listed was Kickstarter alum, HUDWAY. In November 2015, the company raised $622,725 on Kickstarter to launch manufacturing of its self-titled glass with the help of over 9000 backers.
“This year’s package, which includes top ten lists in 27 sectors, emphasizes the breadth of companies with progressive, agile business models, cultures of creativity, and ability to adapt in today’s fast-paced world.”
Fast Company ranked Hudway as one of the best ‘For creating the only app that keeps drivers’ eyes on the road.’ Irina Slavina, Spokesperson for Hudway, commented:
“It’s an honor to be included alongside Tesla Motors and Ford Motor Company.”
HUDWAY Glass is an add-on product that leverages the souped-up tech will all port around in our smartphones. Using a special class display, HUDWAY has transformed you iPhone into a screen where you can display GPS directions, speedometer and more. The company introduced the early prototype of HUDWAY Glass at CeBIT 2015 in Hannover for the first time.
Check out the full list of Fast Company’s top 10 innovative companies below:
- Hyundai: For augmenting autos with gesture-controlled heads-up displays.
- Ford: For embracing e-bikes and ride sharing.
- Tesla Motors: For adding autopilot features overnight and making cars come to owners.
- Quanergy: For developing software that makes driverless cars cheaper.
- Sober Steering: For breathing a better breathalyzer into being.
- Local Motors: For 3-D printing a car that Fast Company would actually drive.
- Harman: For giving each passenger a “sound zone.”
- HUDWAY: For creating the only app that keeps drivers eyes on the road.
- Get around: For turning car owners into car loaners.
- Evenflo: For building a car seat that alerts parents if a baby gets too hot or if the seat belt unbuckles.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!