Craved, a UK-based online marketplace that is dedicated to craft foods and drink, has launched an crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube with a mission to raise £120,000. The company is currently offering 13% in equity for those looking to invest.
The e-commerce business delivers craft food drinks from independent producers all over the UK. It offers over 60 products in categories such as craft spirits and beers, sweets, chocolate, snacks, condiments, cheese, and charcuterie. Craved has had over 2000 orders so far.
Craved’s progress to date includes:
- Total sales grew over 300% form 2014 to 2015 largely organically, driven by word of mouth, referrals and PR.
- Now has over 3,000 customers, and this number is growing daily.
- Last year, the company had some great mentions in popular British media and was mentioned in The Observer Food Monthly, Evening Standard Magazine, BBC Food Online, Jamie Magazine, Olive Magazine, Delicious Magazine, Great British Food Magazine, and many more.
- Made its first national television appearance on ITV’s This Morning for Mother’s Day, resulting in a 5x the average orders in Craved.
The Craved team shared:
“2015 was a great year for the Craved team and our family of craft producers. We had a 400% growth in revenue, and now we’re turning to our customers and supporters to help grow the business further, double our product range, and enable us to support an even wider family of independent British producers. This is part of our overall mission of establishing Craved as the national platform for craft food and drink and furthering the availability and knowledge of good food and drink in Britain.”
Funds from the campaign will be used for the following:
- PR & Samples: £9,000
- Marketing: £14,000
- Extended Product Range: £22,000
- Extended space: £22,500
- Working Capital: £52,500
Since its launch on Thursday, the company’s campaign has successfully captured nearly £25,000. It is set to close early-May.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!