Blake LDN, a UK-based women’s luxury knitwear brand, has debuted its crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube. The company is looking to raise £125,000 as it continues to develop its website and hire key employees for U.S. and Asia locations.
Launched in 2012, Blake LDN was founded by British designer Alice Ashby to combines directional and modern design with a clean, understated aesthetic. The brand revealed that it is focused on superior quality and integrity, immersing itself into the importance of craftsmanship, from working with one of the oldest Scottish factories to a prestigious Italian spinner to deliver a truly luxurious product.
Some of Blake LDN’s successes so far include:
- Press coverage in various magazines/websites such as Elle, Vogue, Sunday Times Style, The Telegraph, The FT and Glamour.
- Recent manufacturing expansion into Europe allowed product range development and new price points.
- Worn by key bloggers and influencers in the industry, including Camille Charriere (Camille Over the Rainbow), Lucy Williams (Fashion Me Now) and Charlotte Groeneveld (The Fashion Guitar).
- Stocked by leading retailers including Net-a-Porter and Colette and currently sells to: Dover Street Market, Modern Society, Clerkenwell London, Young British Designers, Our Daily Edit, Reve en Vert, MSI Korea to name a few.
- Shown at both London & Paris Fashion Week & Weekend.
- Secured pop up locations in both Fenwick, Shop at Bluebird and has partnered with The Basics Store with pop-ups on Redchurch St & Rivington St.
The company noted that its targeted customers are between the ages of 20 – 40, mainly city based, fashion aware, desires contemporary, well made, stylish clothing, shops at high end department stores, designer boutiques and selective online sites.
Besides website development and hiring, the funds from the Crowdcube campaign will be used to develop direct sales channels by expanding pop-up shop activity and expand products. The initiative is set to close mid-June.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!