This week, equity crowdfunding platform Seedrs, announced that it was offering a new incentive to those who see and share its latest ads on the Tube or overground.
The UK portal stated:
“Spot one of the Seedrs large format posters on the London Tube or on the Overground train network, simply take a photo and post it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, using the hashtag #Seedrs in your post, and you will receive £10 to invest on Seedrs.”
See rules below.
‘Next big startup’ promotion (the “Promotion”) terms and conditions
- To submit a “Valid Entry” you are required to:
- Only one Valid Entry per entrant is allowed. There is no entry fee or purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees of the Promoter, their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the Promoter or the Promotion shall not be permitted to participate in the Promotion.
- The promoter is: Seedrs Limited (company no. 06848016) whose registered office is at 201 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JA, United Kingdom (the “Promoter). The Promotion commences on 23rd May 2016 and closes 23:59, 15th June 2016.
- Personally take a photo of a large format or carriage poster from the current Seedrs advertising campaign which is featured on the London Tube and Overground rail networks.
- Post the photo on either the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram social network platforms, using the hashtag #Seedrs within the post copy. The post needs to be publicly viewable and not private.
- ‘Follow’ or ‘Like’ the Seedrs profile on the social network you submitted your post entry so the Promoter can directly contact you.
- Be an authorised investor on the Seedrs platform in accordance with 5 below.
- To become an authorised investor on the Seedrs platform you must be 18 and reside in Europe. You need to visit https://www.seedrs.com, sign up (including accepting the terms of the Seedrs Membership Agreement) and successfully pass all identity verification checks and investor authorisation requirements.
- For a Valid Entry you will receive £10 promotional funds in your Seedrs investment within 28 days of the Closing Date. A maximum of 500 x £10 promotion funds will be available. The promotional funds are only to be used for making an investment through the Seedrs platform.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate details about the Promotion being supplied to any entrant by any third party. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries not received for whatever reason. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters in connection with the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Any changes will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- No cash alternative to the £10 promotional funds will be offered and the promotional funds are not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the promotional funds with an alternative of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Entrants who submitted Valid Entries will be notified either by email or through the social network they submitted their entry through, within 14 days of the Closing Date. If the entrant cannot be contacted or does not attempt to use the promotional funds on the Seedrs platform within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotional funds from the entrant.
- The names of those entrants who submitted Valid Entries will be available 60 days after the Closing Date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following Promoter’s address set out above.
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network.