On Tuesday, equity crowdfunding platform Seedrs announced that it is set to sponsor the upcoming TechBikers 2016, on June 24th. Described as a 3 day, 320km ride from Paris to London with 70 influencers, hustlers and investors from the UK tech scene, the race is taking place later to support Room to Read, which has done the following:
- 4 schools constructed in Nepal
- 9 libraries established in India, Nepal, Cambodia, and Bangladesh
- 10 Literacy Instruction programmes implemented in South Africa, Nepal, Cambodia, and Bangladesh
- 50 teachers trained in South Africa
- 300 girls supported through the Girls’ Education Programme in India
- 1 school reconstruction in Nepal, post-earthquake (in progress)
It was reported that between 2012–2015, £230,000 was raised through the TechBikers campaign, these funds have impacted over 7,000 students across 5 countries. TechBikers is hoping to reach £1 million in funding for Room to Read this year. All proceeds go directly to Room to Read.