UK fitness brand, énergie Fitness, announced on Wednesday it has closed its highly successful Crowdcube campaign, which secured nearly£629,300 from 283 investors (including British entrepreneur Lara Morgan, who offered up £100,000 towards the brand’s expansion efforts).
énergie, which has three brands of fitness clubs in 93 locations across five countries, currently has over 110,000 club members and is looking expand to a network of 583 clubs with a network of 1 million members. To date, the company has achieved the following:
- UK Market leader in fitness club franchising and third largest fitness brand measured by clubs trading
- Over 150 franchises secured, 93 clubs trading, 31 in the current pipeline for opening and new franchisees coming on board at a rate of 40 per year and growing
- Largest fitness club operator in Ireland, with 12 clubs and c. 21,000 members
- Multi-award winning brand in both the fitness & franchising sectors, including wins & finalist positions in the UK Active Flame Awards, HCM Members Choice Awards & BFA Franchise Awards.
- Demonstrated transportability of our brands with 21 clubs across four countries outside of England & Wales
The funds from the campaign will support the growth plans of the fitness club franchisor, which has 93 clubs trading across the UK and Europe, with targets of 222 by 2018 and over 500 by 2023. It will also be used to enable the growth of énergie’s franchise network, and to accelerate the pace of new club openings along with proprietary technology, a new national training academy, and building national and international brand awareness.
Jan Spaticchia, Chairman, and CEO of énergie Group, comments:
“We had an overwhelming response to our equity offer from across the énergie family and the wider fitness industry. We’re delighted to welcome over 280 new owners of our brand, as we gear up for an exciting and important phase of growth in the months and years ahead. As recent research has shown, this is a sector which continues to thrive, and we believe énergie’s commitment to local ownership, customer service and innovation positions us ideally to build on our strong foundations and challenge for overall market leadership.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!