Following the success of its Kickstarter campaign for the Ghostbuster II board game, Cryptozoic Entertainment has returned to the crowdfunding giant to raise $250,000 for its new game, The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary.
The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary is an intense 2-4 player board game that is based on the hit AMC series. It was designed by Adam and Bradly Sadler and offers fans of the show to have a chance of being part of the zombie apocalypse without the gory deaths. Players have a chance of choosing their favorite characters Rick Grimes, Glenn Rhee, Andrea Harrison, and Daryl Dixon. All game scenarios are based on the events of the show.
“In the game, each player picks one of four Survivors, each of whom comes with unique character boards and card decks, allowing him or her to perform abilities that directly reflect the character’s attributes on the show. Players must cooperate with their teammates to overcome six different Scenarios, which draw from the show’s storylines and consist of several objectives each.”
Those that back the project will receive the following tiers:
- Survivor Tier ($40): Bare bones copy of the game.
- No Sanctuary Tier ($115-$125): The game with Kickstarter exclusive Daryl Dixon with five crossbow tokens, “What Lies Ahead” expansion, and any unlock stretch goals.
- Save the Last One Tier ($450): Six copies of the game plus six sets of Lori Grimes mini-figure, and stretch goals.
- Cherokee Rose Tier ($1,000): Create a unique Walker in the game, plus “The Killer Within” expansion, Lori Grimes mini figure, stretch goals.
- Whatever It Takes Tier ($2,500): Create a unique Survivor, plus everything from Cherokee Rose Tier.
- Chocolate Pudding Tier ($5,000): Entire set of Walking Dead miniatures painted, plus everything from Whatever It Takes Tier.
Since its launch, the campaign has successfully secured over $150,000 from nearly 1,300 backers. It is set to close on August 1st.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!