LendInvest, a leading online mortgage lender in the UK, has announced the speaker line-up for the inaugural Property Development Academy course, scheduled for today and tomorrow (November 11th & 12th). LendInvest announced this new initiative this past fall as a way to help small developers build more homes. Of course, LendInvest sees opportunity for additional customers for their online financing services.
LendInvest shares that Tom Bloxham, MBE will be the after dinner speaker for day one of the two-day course. Bloxham is the founder of property development firm Urban Splash and was awarded the MBE for services to architecture and urban regeneration in 1999.
Steve Larkin, Director of Development Finance at LendInvest, called the line-up of speakers absolutely first rate.
Other speakers at the first LendInvest Academy include:
- Kirsty Barnes, partner & head of banking and finance, Gowling WLG
- Nitin Boodhun, associate, financial institutions, Arcadis
- Ed Hall, director, Gowling WLG
- Chris Lloyd, owner and director, AZ Urban Studio
- Amit Malhotra, co-founder, InvestAms Property Developers
- Pat McAllister, professor of real estate, Henley Business School, University of Reading
- Andrew Purdon, director, CBRE
- Mark Stevens, director & chartered quantity surveyor, Gleeds
Additionally, the Home Builders Federation and the British Property Federation will be in attendance.
The course is designed to help would-be developers build the skills they need to complete projects. The UK is in the midst of a housing gap that will take years to address. Excessive demand is reflected in the high cost of residential housing.
LendInvest reports that the first course was eight times oversubscribed. LendInvest will announce further course dates in London and other UK cities in early 2017.