“Our philosophy is to be the finest in vinyl from creation to playback. We create great music by being an audiophile jazz/electronica/folk record label with out own production facility. We spend every day listening to and producing music for our own label output and our customers, such as Sony, Brownswood, Domino Records, Beatball, RAK and many more. So we built the equipment on which to play our final prized product too. Creation to playback becomes a reality.
“But it had to sound good and look good and do some amazing things. We were tired of the analogue vs digital arguments and feel that they are both valid for today’s listener. Listening to vinyl is experiential. ‘Slow music.’ Listening to digital is convenient. They co-exist in the music industry. So why not deliver them in harmony? Enter The Gearbox Automatic. ‘Future Analogue.’”
Gearbox stated it is ready to go into manufacturing in the UK and needs the Kickstarter funding to place orders at the various components, put the “digital stuff” into commercial production, and do a testing to make sure the product works for all consumers. Features include:
- British built belt driven sub platter assembly and legendary tonearm
- Audio-Technica Cartridge
- Built in vacuum tube phono stage with RIAA equalization curve
- Push button selected 33 1/3 or 45 RPM
- A/C Synchronous motor with super high precision motor control circuit
- Acrylic platter and case
- RCA Line Out
- Universal AC to DC power supply compatible with US standard 60 Hz, 110/120 VAC or European standard 50 Hz, 220/240 VAC
- Small and neat dimensions for tight spaces: 30cm x 15cm x 20cm
- Vibration Damping Feet
- Bluetooth on board
- Analogue to digital converter on board with wifi for server connectivity
- Clear or turquoise with cream colourways
Expected delivery for the turntables is December 2017. The campaign, which has secured nearly 20,000 from 40 backers, is set to close on February 1st.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!