UK-based equity crowdfunding platform Crowdcube announced on Thursday its 2017 first quarter results. The infographic released shows key stats from the funding portal, which includes its top sectors to raise finance for, the gender split, most popular business locations, and Funded Club milestones.
The release of the quarter results comes just a few weeks after Crowdcube announced it has crowdfunded 50 deals of £1 million or more. The platform revealed the following:
- Between them, the 50 campaigns have raised a total of more than £100m on Crowdcube.
- The first £1 million round was The Rushmore Group, which raised £1m in 2011.
- The largest equity raise was £6.6m, completed by Crowdcube itself. BrewDog takes the title for the largest raise on the platform after attracting £10m in investment via a bond.
- The fastest raise was challenger bank Monzo, which secured £1m in just 96 seconds in 2016.
- The average amount raised by the businesses on the list is £2m.
- The most represented industry sector is food and drink (15 businesses on the list), followed by professional and business services (7) and manufacturing (7).
- 35 of the businesses that have raised £1m are based in London/south east, 8 in the south-west, 3 in Scotland, 2 in the east of England and 1 in the north-west.