Success! CoolMiniOrNot’s 26th Kickstarter campaign, which is dedicated to the company’s latest board Rising Sun, has successfully closed with more than $4.2 million from 31,262 backers. Rising Sun is described as a 3 to 5 player board game that is set in feudal Japan. The board game’s story reads:
“As the Kami descend from the heavens to reshape the land in their image, it is up to each player to lead their clan to victory. Use politics to further your cause, negotiate to seek the most profitable alliances, worship the Kami to gain their favor, recruit monsters out of legend to bolster your forces, and use your resources wisely to be victorious in battle. Each of the five clans in Rising Sun brings not only their own individual set of ten beautifully detailed miniatures for their Daimyo, Shinto and Bushi units, but also a unique ability that sets them apart from the others and affects all players’ strategies.”
The five clans’ individual unique abilities are the following:
- Koi (Flow, Like Water): Able to use hired Ronin as coins and vice versa, which gives them flexibility and unpredictable.
- Dragonfly (Wings, Wind, and Spirit): Able to move anywhere on the map without restrictions and unpredictable.
- Bonsai (Humility, Earth, and Root): Doesn’t need to spend coins when buying resources and upgrades come naturally.
- Lotus (Patience is key): Dictates politics by turning the political mandates they play into anything they want.
- Turtle (Hard as the mind; delicate as steel): Builds their strongholds on top of the shells of turtles, which can move around the map and join in fights for the provinces
At the campaign’s closing, CoolMiniOrNot shared with backers:
“The Kickstarter campaign is over, and what a resounding success it was! We fell short of unlocking our last Stretch Goal, but we’ll go ahead and unlock it for all backers thanks to the Retail Pledges that are still being tallied. This turned out to be the most successful campaign CMON has ever run, with a total number of backers that is truly staggering! We can’t thank all of you enough for your massive support of Rising Sun. We hope your faith in this project will be rewarded by an exciting game you will enjoy for years to come.”
The board game is scheduled to be delivered later this month.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!