Uniti, Brille24, BlockState and More to Issue Security Tokens on Neufund.
Neufund, a blockchain based security token site, has announced the first companies to tokenize their equity on their platform. These “equity token offerings” or ETOs are said to be completely compliant within German securities law. Using either ETH or Euros, investors may purchase equity tokens.
Neufund is the first platform to effectively integrate blockchain and security tokens in a public offering anywhere in the world. There are multiple platforms within the US that are pursuing a similar objective.
Zoe Adamovicz, Co-Founder and CEO at Neufund, says that decentralized, transparent, and legally binding public offerings on blockchain is a needed evolution in the funding world. Neufund merges IPOs with ICOs in a compliant manner.
“Neufund accelerates the way we invest and the way we invent, making it possible for VC companies, and private and corporate investors to commit within the same round,” says Adamovicz. “Our company has been often compared to Nasdaq, but, we are nothing like Nasdaq: we’re better. We are decentralized, transparent and owned by the community. Now, with the announcement of the fast-growing and innovative companies that will conduct the first ETOs with us, we make a strong step towards a superior, more fair and more inclusive economy. We are the disruption that can influence the future of the fundraising process for the better.”
[clickToTweet tweet=”‘Our company has been often compared to Nasdaq, but, we are nothing like Nasdaq: we’re better.’ #Neufund” quote=”‘Our company has been often compared to Nasdaq, but, we are nothing like Nasdaq: we’re better.’ #Neufund”]
Neufund states that it has successfully created the legal and technical infrastructure necessary to serve as a primary market for any company to launch an initial coin offering. Neufund says it is already regulated in a way that allows companies to conduct fully legal fundraising on the blockchain. Neufund seeks to bridge the gap between the cryptocurrency world and the world of traditional investments.
Neufund says that investors have already pledged millions for future investments on their platform. Issuers may access a current community of more than 1,000 investors from both the traditional and crypto space. These investors include Frank Thelen (Freigeist), Christophe Maire (Atlantic Labs), Alexander Lange (Index Ventures) and Max Kordek (Lisk).
Neufund explains that equity tokens can empower individuals with limited capital to use fractional ownership as a means of investing. So Neufund will not only cater to institutional money and VCs. One share on Neufund has the potential to be represented by one million equity tokens, and may be held by anyone.
Companies expected to list on the platform are said to come from a diverse group of industry sectors as well as many different countries such as Germany, Switzerland, India, Sweden and more.
The Six companies that are issuing security tokens now, are as follows:
- Brille24: Brille24 is a Eyewear pioneer and aims to change the way people access eye care by making it convenient to purchase glasses online thanks to smart ai-applications. Founded 10 years ago, Brille24 has sold more than 2 million glasses and is currently serving one million customers. The company was founded in 2007 in Oldenburg, Germany and currently operates online stores in Belgium, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland and Spain. The current CEO is Christophe Hocquet and the Managing Director is Johannes Korves.
- Uniti: Uniti is the Swedish electric car startup offering what CNBC has called “the car of the future.” Safe & affordable EVs with premium technology and a progressive design. It was founded in 2016 by Lewis Horne, with the first deliveries expected in 2019. Uniti has launched several crowdfunding rounds and recently reported over €50 million in reservations.
- mySWOOOP: mySWOOOP is an omni-channel re-commerce platform that buys and sells new and used electronics. With tailored software technology, mySWOOOP automatically determines current market prices in real-time assuring attractive resale-margins. mySWOOOP was founded in 2011 by Benjamin Gabriel, Simon Gabriel and Jan-Lucca Sielski.
- Next Big Thing: Next Big Thing is Europe’s premier startup incubator for IoT & blockchain ventures and Germany’s chosen Digital Hub for IoT, driving European innovation. Next Big Thing leverages its technological and economic ecosystem to enable disruptive business models. It was co-founded in 2016 by Harald Zapp, Michael-Maria Bommer, and Maik Käbisch.
- Emflux Motors: Emflux Motors is an electric superbike company changing the landscape of transportation & mobility. It is an India-based venture backed by both crypto and traditional investors with a mission to power 10 million electric bikes globally by 2027. Emflux Motors was founded in 2016 by Varun Mittal, Ankit Khatry, and Vinay Raj Somashekher.
- BlockState: BlockState is a company creating products for the future of finance. BlockState builds efficient, transparent and compliant products for asset management, debt issuance and derivatives based on blockchain technology. It was founded in 2017 by Michael Weber and Paul Claudius.
Along with the six companies listed above, Neufund will onboard and announce the names of 3 more companies in the weeks to come; a bank for crypto founders, a platform enabling fiat currency transactions on Ethereum, and a German biotech company featuring genome sequencing technologies.
Frank Thelen, Founding Partner at Freigeist VC and participant in Neufund’s Initial Capital Building Mechanism (ICBM), says that traditional investors are not attracted to ICOs as they lack proper legal frameworks, and, frankly, have few guarantees.
“Neufund’s Equity Tokens Offerings are changing the space by offering direct, transparent and, most importantly, legally binding investment rounds on the blockchain, which is an attractive proposition to both companies and investors. Neufund enables higher liquidity, lower costs of conducting the offerings, and trustless transaction execution.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!