Last night, Seedrs, a leading UK based investment crowdfunding platform, held its inaugural alumni awards in recognition of their growing number of successfully crowdfunded companies.
Over the years Seedrs has supported more than 590 businesses raise much-needed growth capital. Simultaneously, the very public process has helped to raise the profile of these young firms by promoting their services and enlisting a legion of supporters.
Our inaugural Alumni Awards was amazing!
— Seedrs (@Seedrs) September 20, 2019
A shortlist of the companies that were in the running is available here.
Seedrs announced the winners via a series of tweets as listed below.
- Startup of the Year, as voted for by Seedrs investors: @RippleEnergy
- Entrepreneur of the Year, as voted for by Seedrs investors: Jelte Liebrand from @getsavvynavvy
- HMS Victory Award for the largest investment from an Anchor partner: @jajayourlife
- Unicorn Award: @RevolutApp
- Scale-Up Award for the most successful EIS campaign on Seedrs: @CityFalcon
- The Seedling Award for the most successful SEIS campaign on Seedrs: @cycle_land
- Can’t Get Enough Award to recognize a long-standing alumni company (three funding rounds on Seedrs): @LandbayUK
- Globetrotter Award for the highest number of international investors: @bux
- The People Magnate Award for the largest community of Seedrs investors: @WeAreWeSwap