Mr Lee’s Pure Foods, a UK-based foodtech that is creating premium health noodles-in-a-cup and soon to be launched instant Congee Asian rice porridges, is now seeking £1.75 million through its equity crowdfunding round on Seedrs. Founded in 2015, Mr Lee’s claims to be a “real game-changer” for premium food-on-the-go due to its offering healthier, gourmet noodle in a cup with nutritious freeze-dried ingredients and absolutely no “nasties.”
“The perfect light lunch or dinner, the noodles come in 6 flavours – Hong Kong Street Beef, Coconut Chicken Laksa, Warrior Fighting Shrimp, Zen Garden Vegetables, Tai Chi Chicken and Dragon Fire Vegetables – all certified low in sugar by Sugarwise and gluten free by Coeliac UK. Also one of the lowest in salt, saturated fats and calories (between 202-237 calories per serving) instant noodles on the market. Vegan options also available.”
Mr Lee’s also noted that it uses real and nutritious freeze-dried meat and veggies, air-dried rice noodles, chef-made broths and absolutely no nasties, palm oil, MSG. They’re certified low sugar and gluten-free, are low calorie & have Vegan options, 100% recyclable/compostable packaging and no plastic sachets.
“Our foods have only the finest real-food ingredients & absolutely no nasties. With over 50 significant global food, health and business awards and nominations, our ‘Real Food-Real Taste-Real Quick’ focus has gained a growing global presence in multiple channels across Europe, Australia and now we aim to launch in the USA in 2020.”
Funds from the Seedrs round will be used for the following:
- USA marketing/PR/multi-channel launch and ongoing marketing initiatives in 2020 (Building the number of outlets, rate of sale and contract clients as well as brand traction)
- Product development, new product initiatives and our ‘Food team’ – (Building SKU range for greater SKU’s stocked per outlet)
- Working capital for food production during scale up (Filling contracts, e-commerce supply and new outlet and sku/outlet growth requirements)
- Hot Noodle Kiosk (Vending) machine programme to move to scale-up: 5%
- Global group operating and personnel costs runway for commercial functions and scale up activity (Australia, UK, USA): 40%
Since its launch, the campaign has raised more than £1.5 million from nearly 125 Seedrs investors. Mr Lee is currently offering 5.74% in equity at a £28,748,643 pre-money valuation.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!