FTSE Russell has announced the launch of FTSE Global Digital Asset Index Series in partnership with Digital Asset Research (DAR).
The series includes “investible” digital assets that cover eight indices from large to micro-cap and is the second FTSE Russell index series based on FTSE DAR Reference Price data.
The FTSE Global Digital Asset Index Series market cap range includes the following:
- FTSE Digital Asset Index (Large, Mid) [FDALM]
- FTSE Digital Asset All Cap Index (Large, Mid, Small) [FDAAC]
- FTSE Digital Asset Total Cap Index (Large, Mid, Small, Micro) [FDATC]
- FTSE Digital Asset Large Cap Index [FDALC]
- FTSE Digital Asset Mid Cap Index [FDAMC]
- FTSE Digital Asset SMID Cap Index [FDASMC]
- FTSE Digital Asset Small Cap Index [FDASC]
- FTSE Digital Asset Micro Cap Index [FDAMIC]
CEO at FTSE Russell Arne Staal, said they are pleased with the progress of the Index Series as transparency becomes more important than ever:
“FTSE Russell has taken a measured approach to this frontier investment space and has built a rigorous and transparent framework, underpinned by robust governance and comprehensive data to meet investor needs, both where they are now and as they prepare for change in this market.”
The company states that in the digital asset market, unlike more established markets, price sourcing is more difficult, making ther asset and exchange vetting “the cornerstone of all FTSE Russell digital asset indices.” The process is described as setting standards across 21 criteria1 to assess the multiple factors – technical, operational, regulatory, security, transactional, custodial, and more – that impact institutional quality. This is followed by further vetting of individual assets and, finally, filtering in real-time.
FTSE Russell is a global index provider for investors worldwide, covering asset classes in more than 70 countries, incorporating 98% of the investable market globally.