Funded on Seedrs, Cushon Generates 5X Return for Early Investors

Cushon, a Seedrs portfolio company, was acquired by Natwest Group – announced this past week. NatWest is acquiring an 85% majority shareholding in Cushon with the company’s existing management retaining the remaining 15%.

Cushon’s main products are a workplace ISA and a master trust pension. The Fintech also offers Junior and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a general investment account.

Cushon reports that it has helped more than 500,000 people save over £1.8 billion towards retirement, first homes, and more.

The terms of the acquisition were not immediately available, but according to Seedrs, early investors in Cushon will benefit from a 5X return – before adjustment for tax relief.

Cushon (formerly Smarterly) raised £16,262,582 on Seedrs backed by 1451 individual investors.  The company first raised capital online in 2018 at a pre-money valuation of £10,735,000. The most recent securities offer on Seedrs saw Cushon raise £3.9 million at an £80 million pre-money valuation. The company’s indicative valuation on the Seedrs Secondary market had Cushon trading at around £97.5 million.

All of the funding rounds were EIS qualified (perhaps with the exception of the final round, which was not viewable).

Seedrs reported that it will distribute just under £7 million in returns to investors once the purchase is complete.

This is the 49th exit for Seedrs investors and the second for 2023.

 


Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!


Register Now to Attend
Sponsored Links by DQ Promote

 

 

Send this to a friend