So the Food Category on Kickstarter is not their biggest category by far. In fact Food sits in 7th place with a below average success rate of a bit over 34%. The largest category on Kickstarter is games (both video and board games) representing about a quarter of all funding that flows through the rewards based crowdfunding platform. But all this doesn’t mean that Food isn’t important – in fact it is and Kickstarter has recognized this milestone by pulling together some of their favorite food recipes from the creators that helped achieve the $50 million mark. The plan, as it stands now, is to post 2 recipes a day and by the end you will have a complete meal. And why do we post this? Because – we love good Food and while this category is not the biggest it has been one of the most colorful and creative. So big numbers aren’t everything. From restaurants to farms to wineries to just about everything you could imagine and more. There are over 1000 live Food projects on Kickstarter right now. And we are not talking just Potato Salad… So go check it out. You may get inspired.
You may also like...
- Brief: Kickstarter Celebrates New Milestone; Backers Raise $100M For Food Projects
- Travail Raises $250K, Provides Case Study In Restaurant Crowdfunding
- “MasterChef” Finalist Andrew Kojima Seeks £50,000 on Kickstarter For Permanent Location For His Japanese Restaurant
- Creator of Potato Salad Kickstarter Holds PotatoStock 2014: Check Out Pictures!
- A Ketchup Revolution with ‘Chups on Kickstarter
- Travail Doubles Goal For Two Minnesota Fine Dining Restaurants
- Artisanal Caramel Sees 2nd Crowdfunding Success on Kickstarter
- Soylent Rocks Funding Success on Crowdhoster, Raises Over $1 Million
- Deal Focus: Three Food Projects Crowdfunding Now
- PicoBrew Successfully Raises Funds for Beer Brewing Appliance
- Kickstarter Announces Featured Films & Projects For 2014 Film Festival in Los Angeles
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Coffee Match, Hustle Bag, Tasting Box Wine Flight & Aquabot
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Rival Top Chefs, DSP Enabled Wireless Headphone & Inmates with Talent
- Aqualibrium Announces Official Product Launch After Kickstarter Success
- 6 Cool Food Items Crowdfunding Now