So the Food Category on Kickstarter is not their biggest category by far. In fact Food sits in 7th place with a below average success rate of a bit over 34%. The largest category on Kickstarter is games (both video and board games) representing about a quarter of all funding that flows through the rewards based crowdfunding platform. But all this doesn’t mean that Food isn’t important – in fact it is and Kickstarter has recognized this milestone by pulling together some of their favorite food recipes from the creators that helped achieve the $50 million mark. The plan, as it stands now, is to post 2 recipes a day and by the end you will have a complete meal. And why do we post this? Because – we love good Food and while this category is not the biggest it has been one of the most colorful and creative. So big numbers aren’t everything. From restaurants to farms to wineries to just about everything you could imagine and more. There are over 1000 live Food projects on Kickstarter right now. And we are not talking just Potato Salad… So go check it out. You may get inspired.
You may also like...
- PicoBrew’s Pico C Named Most Successful Food Project on Kickstarter After Surpassing $1.812 Million
- “MasterChef” Finalist Andrew Kojima Seeks £50,000 on Kickstarter For Permanent Location For His Japanese Restaurant
- Potato Salad Kickstarter Creator Begins Shipment of Cookbooks
- Brief: Kickstarter Celebrates New Milestone; Backers Raise $100M For Food Projects
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Imperial Sphericator Turns Food Into Pearls, Freaks3D is a Portable 3D Printer & Livid’s Mobile Music Maker
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Fizzics Makes Bottled Beer Taste Like Draft, Classic Bow Ties, & Think Jerky is Better Jerky from Famous Chefs
- Aqualibrium Announces Official Product Launch After Kickstarter Success
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Mantry Craft Cocktails, Archt Wireless Audio & Fugu Luggage
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Rival Top Chefs, DSP Enabled Wireless Headphone & Inmates with Talent
- Creator of Potato Salad Kickstarter Holds PotatoStock 2014: Check Out Pictures!
- Two Northeastern University Students Launched Kickstarter Campaign For All-Natural CoffeeBar; Raises $13,000 in Two Days
- Kickstarter Announces Featured Films & Projects For 2014 Film Festival in Los Angeles
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Moore in a Bag, allGreenup, Xpressivo & Coxswain Beard Care
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Discov3ry 3D Print with Anything, Brewbarrel & Mistover Tale
- Crowdfunding Mailbox: Tinitell Wristphone for Kids & Salamander Hot Sauce