Seeking to change the way everyone enjoys a delicious cup of Joe, two D’Amore-McKim Northeastern University students and the founders of Boston-based New Grounds Food, Johnny Fayad and Ali Kothari, launched a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for their new and ever so practical, CoffeeBar.
The young entrepreneurs describe the CoffeeBar as being an “all-natural energy bar” that is infused with real coffee. Best part: It has no additives and it is made in the U.S. So basically you can eat your cup of coffee without ANY fear of spills and a healthier approach to having your “wake up” call.
During a recent interview with Northeastern University, Fayad stated, “Our mission is to provide people with a healthier way to stay energized throughout the day. We don’t want to replace coffee, but rather provide an alternative when you’re running late and you don’t have time for breakfast or may need a second cup for later in the day.”
The product was first introduced to those who attended the startup challenge Demo Day, and grabbed the attention of IDEA, a university student-ran venture accelerator. The organization then awarded Fayad and Kothari $10,000 in gap funding, hooked them up with a lawyer, and connected them with former food chain manager of 2 Degrees Food.
Kothari noted, “The gap funding really kicked our business forward, but even more meaningful have been the mentors in and out of the food industry who have been able to help us along our journey.
Below show the CoffeeBar’s nutrition facts:
The CoffeeBar’s ingredients are the following:
- Cashews: Antioxidants, healthy fats and high protein. Good for weight loss
- Almond Butter: Great for the nerves, bones and muscles. Helps reduce cholesterol and risk of heart disease
- Espresso: Fair trade all natural energy
- Vegan/Gluten Free Chocolate Chips: Packed with antioxidants to help lower blood pressure, enhance cognitive health and overall mood
- Cinnamon: Helps with digestive health, blood sugar levels, and stopping infections
- Gluten-Free Oats: Great for immune systems. High fiber helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Chia Seeds: Fiber, omega-3s, antioxidants, and minerals. Helps reduce cholesterol
- Dates: Great for digestive health, heart problems and anemia.
Originally seeking only an additional $10,000, the campaign has already surpassed its goal and has so far raised nearly $14,000 from close to 300 backers. It is set to close on November 6th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!