The award winning jam manufacturer, which was founded two years ago, revealed that it was created when founder Pierre-Louis Phelipot’s mother gave him her copper preserving pan. With a life long love of food and cooking, he started putting the pan to good use and experimenting with fruit, herb and spice combinations. The London Jam Factory currently has over 90 flavors focused on more fruit and less sugar.
The company noted:
“The London Jam Factory carefully selects the most flavoursome fruit using seasonal produce where possible to create the beautiful flavours and perfumes that are a signature of its sumptuous range. Its jams also contain more than two thirds fruit, with just a third made up by sugar – this is roughly half what you would find in a normal jam. The preserves are made by hand in the company’s Islington-based kitchen with small batches using no more than 4kg of fruit ensuring an exceptionally tasty end product. The jams are cooked using a traditional method in copper pans, which help to break down the pectin in the fruit and create a sumptuous texture.”
It then revealed:
“Our fruits are locally sourced or bought from what we consider to be the best regions for each fruit. We respect traditional methods, cooking our jams in small batches in copper pans, aiming to guarantee a great result without the addition of preservatives. We have created more than 90 different jam and preserve flavours combining fruits with spices, herbs or essences, such as Apricot and Lavender, Peach and Verbena, and Raspberry and Champagne – introducing consumers to a wide range of taste options.”
Funds will be used for the following:
- New production facility to increase production capacity
- Experienced sales staff to develop customer base
- Production machinery to optimize process
- Expanding our customer base in the segments in which the company has already achieved success and traction (delicatessens, coffee shops, specialist high-street retailers)
- Researching and developing new market segments such as hotels, luxury hamper and gift companies and supermarkets. The company has already secured 3 hotels and have been approached by gift companies to develop bespoke flavors.
Since its launch, The London Jam Factory’s campaign has successfully secured over £46,000. It is set to close in mid-March.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!