This week, crowdfunding platform GoFundMe released new data highlighting the giving community in Iowa. Iowans have started over 15,000 GoFundMe campaigns, raising $13.1 million from nearly 215,000 total donations.
The GoFundMe team stated that the Des Moines Metro Area is considered the largest funding community in Iowa and has created 3,500 campaigns, raising $3.59 million from over 56,000 donations.
Des Moines facts include:
- In total, campaigns located in the Des Moines Metro Area have raised a total of $3.59 million.
- The Des Moines Metro Area has created over 3,500 GoFundMe campaigns.
- The average donation in Des Moines is $64.
- In 2016, nearly 800 GoFundMe campaigns in the Des Moines Metro Area have raised over $940,000 from nearly 14,000 donations.
- In 2015, over 1,900 GoFundMe campaigns in the Des Moines Metro Area have raised $1.75 million from over 27,500 donations.
“Whether it’s a child battling cancer, a teacher who needs school supplies, or a member of the community who’s fallen on tough times, Iowans always step up. Hundreds of thousands of folks have donated to thousands of GoFundMe campaigns to generously support their friends, family, and neighbors during a time of need.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!