Less than two weeks after launching the Rising Sun Kickstrter campaign, CoolMiniOrNot’s 26th crowdfunding initiative has successfully secured more than $2.4 million thanks to over 22,000 backers. The project’s original funding target was $300,000.
“As the Kami descend from the heavens to reshape the land in their image, it is up to each player to lead their clan to victory. Use politics to further your cause, negotiate to seek the most profitable alliances, worship the Kami to gain their favor, recruit monsters out of legend to bolster your forces, and use your resources wisely to be victorious in battle.Each of the five clans in Rising Sun brings not only their own individual set of ten beautifully detailed miniatures for their Daimyo, Shinto and Bushi units, but also a unique ability that sets them apart from the others and affects all players’ strategies.”
Each of the five clans brings their own individual unique abilities:
- Koi (Flow, Like Water): Able to use hired Ronin as coins and vice versa, which gives them flexibility and unpredictable.
- Dragonfly (Wings, Wind, and Spirit): Able to move anywhere on the map without restrictions and unpredictable.
- Bonsai (Humility, Earth, and Root): Doesn’t need to spend coins when buying resources and upgrades come naturally.
- Lotus (Patience is key): Dictates politics by turning the political mandates they play into anything they want.
- Turtle (Hard as the mind; delicate as steel): Builds their strongholds on top of the shells of turtles, which can move around the map and join in fights for the provinces.
- 58 Miniatures, including 10 warriors for each clan and 8 huge monsters.
- 40 Counter Bases
- 137 Tokens
- 5 Clan Screens
- 5 Political Sheets
- 53 Cards
- 6-fold Gameboard
- 1 Rulebook
Rising Sun is set to be delivered to backers in April 2018. The campaign is set to close on April 4th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!