Fresh-range, the Bristol-based online ethical food retailer, is set to close its equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs with more than £450,000 in funding from nearly 375 investors. The campaign was launched earlier this summer, seeking £300,000, which was surpassed within 24 hours.
As previously reported, Fresh-range was founded in 2014 and seeks to “shorten the journey of food between producer and consumer” by providing transparent provenance on food and making sure consumers get a fair deal. The company currently offers freshly produced, locally sourced, award-winning product in sustainable packaging that is delivered directly from producers.
As of August 2017, fresh-range has already achieved:
- 2500+ customers registered, currently delivering to every Bristol and Bath postcode
- 4 million meals cooked by school kitchens across the South West using fresh produce delivered by fresh-range during the last academic year
- Two major universities in the South West are sourcing local produce through fresh-range to serve around 50,000 staff and students with fresh produce from local farmers, makers and bakers
- Three-year contract to supply Bath and North East Somerset Council won providing food for 40+ schools purchasing £2.1 million of produce
- Appointed to West of England Public Sector Food Procurement Group
- Additional £6 million+ annual pipeline across wider West of England region in discussion
Rich Osborn, Founder and CEO of Fresh-range recently stated:
“We’re on a mission. We believe local, fresh, seasonal food should be available to all, at an accessible price. That’s why we’ve created a new kind of food company – with short, light and fast supply chains to deliver the best local producers have to offer direct to the consumer. There’s great potential in the market and we are inviting people who share our vision for fresher, locally sourced food, to join us on our mission to change the food industry for good, and become part of our success story.”
Fresh-range stated it plans to more than triple 2016 sales, with £1 million annualized revenue forecast by the end of 2017. Funds from the campaign will be used to continue the company’s platform expansion.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!