Mr Lee’s Pure Foods, a UK-based foodtech that is creating premium health noodles-in-a-cup and soon to be launched instant Congee Asian rice porridges, is now set to close its equity crowdfunding round on Seedrs with more than £1.8 in funding secured. The funding round launched in April, originally seeking £1.75 million, and has attracted over 450 Seedrs investors.
As previously reported, Mr Lee’s claims to be a “real game-changer” for premium food-on-the-go due to its offering healthier, gourmet noodle in a cup with nutritious freeze-dried ingredients and absolutely no “nasties.”
“The perfect light lunch or dinner, the noodles come in 6 flavours – Hong Kong Street Beef, Coconut Chicken Laksa, Warrior Fighting Shrimp, Zen Garden Vegetables, Tai Chi Chicken and Dragon Fire Vegetables – all certified low in sugar by Sugarwise and gluten free by Coeliac UK. Also one of the lowest in salt, saturated fats and calories (between 202-237 calories per serving) instant noodles on the market. Vegan options also available.”
Mr Lee’s further revealed it uses real and nutritious freeze-dried meat and veggies, air-dried rice noodles, chef-made broths and absolutely no nasties, palm oil, MSG. They’re certified low sugar and gluten-free, are low calorie and have Vegan options, 100% recyclable/compostable packaging and no plastic sachets.
“Our foods have only the finest real-food ingredients & absolutely no nasties. With over 50 significant global food, health and business awards and nominations, our ‘Real Food-Real Taste-Real Quick’ focus has gained a growing global presence in multiple channels across Europe, Australia and now we aim to launch in the USA in 2020.”
Mr. Lee’s is planning to use the Seedrs funds for the following:
- USA marketing/PR/multi-channel launch and ongoing marketing initiatives in 2020 (Building the number of outlets, rate of sale and contract clients as well as brand traction)
- Product development, new product initiatives and our ‘Food team’ – (Building SKU range for greater SKU’s stocked per outlet)
- Working capital for food production during scale up (Filling contracts, e-commerce supply and new outlet and sku/outlet growth requirements)
- Hot Noodle Kiosk (Vending) machine programme to move to scale-up: 5%
- Global group operating and personnel costs runway for commercial functions and scale up activity (Australia, UK, USA): 40%
The funding round is set to close next weekend.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!