Digital-only bank platform N26 announced on Monday the launch of its new banking accounts, N26 Smart and N26 Business Smart. The accounts feature most of N26’s money management features to help account users “spend and save with confidence.” The banking group explained:
“Alongside all the features already offered in our free N26 Standard and N26 Business bank accounts, these latest additions will give you even more control over your money—all at the great value of €4.90 a month!”
The upgraded features are the following:
- Five Colors for Mastercard Debit Cards: Ocean, Sand, Rhubarb, Aqua, and Slate.
- Over the Phone Customer Service: Customers may now call a premium hotline for services.
- Spaces Sub-Accounts: Offers 10 Spaces sub-accounts that sit alongside main accounts to help users save on the side.
- Round-Ups for Behind-the-Scene Saving: Feature to help customers “round-up” card purchases to the nearest euro and transfer the difference to a different space.
- Spending Insights: AI-powered tool that automatically categorizes each payment.
N26 went on to add that in order for customers to upgrade, simply open the N26 app, head to the Explore tab, and follow the instructions.
“Once you’ve picked out your colorful Mastercard, you can start spending with it before the physical one arrives in the mail.”
Founded in 2013 and launched in early 2015, N26 claims it is building the first mobile bank that the world loves to use. More than 5 million customers in 25 markets have generated over €2 billion in monthly transaction volume through its platform. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the U.S.