StartEngine, a leading securities crowdfunding platform, has published annual performance numbers for 2020. According to the platform, issuers raised $137,940,987 on StartEngine during 2020, an increase of 215% versus the year prior. This brings the total raised since the platform launched to over $250 million. The company states that its goal is to raise $10 billion by 2029.
Additional data points for the platform include:
- 190,040 individual investments were made during 2020 – an increase of 241% versus 2019
- Single largest investment on the platform: $202,500
- Most invested by a single investor: $522,262 into 121 different investments
- Investors from 153 different countries participated in securities offerings
- 53 separate companies raised over $1 million during the year
- StartEngine also raised $27M for itself in two separate Reg A+ offerings
StartEngine also launched its secondary marketplace during the year operating an Alternative Trading System (ATS). No data yet but the marketplace is pretty young and it will take some time for trading to ramp up.
StartEngine offers securities mainly under Reg CF and Reg A+ but has also listed Reg D offerings as well. Expect the numbers to jump in 2021 as the Securities and Exchange Commission has increased the funding cap for Reg CF from $1.07 million to $5 million. Reg A+ saw a nice increase as well as issuers will soon be able to raised $75 million instead of the current $50 million funding cap.