BBVA Signs Sale of a Portfolio Consisted of Loans & Real Estate Assets From Unnim For Approximately €700 Million

 

BBVA announced on Wednesday it has signed the sale of a portfolio consisting of loans and real estate assets from Unnim for a gross total of approximately €700 million. BBVA reported it closed an agreement with global investment fund company KKR (primarily through its KKR Private Credit Opportunities Partners III fund) to transfer the ownership of a real estate loan and asset portfolio (dubbed ‘Dakar’).  The portfolio notably consists of two types of real estate loans (with and without mortgage guarantees) and REOs (Real Estate Owned) assets.

“Over the past three years, BBVA has completed several loan portfolio sale transactions, mostly real estate and mortgage loans. In December 2019, BBVA completed its two largest sales of written-off loan portfolios: The sale of a portfolio with a gross value of approximately €2.5 billion (‘Juno’ portfolio) and the transfer of a portfolio comprised of loans to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with an approximate gross value of €2.1 billion (‘Hera’ portfolio).”

BBVA further explained that in December 2018 the bank completed the sale of a €1.2 billion portfolio (dubbed ‘Ánfora’) primarily consisting of mortgages (both non-performing and in default loans). In June 2018, BBVA sold a property development loan portfolio worth €1 billion – called ‘Sintra’ – and in July 2017 it sold another portfolio of loans to developers with a gross value of around €600 million, known as ‘Jaipur’. Furthermore, in October 2018, following an announcement in November 2017, BBVA completed the transfer of its real estate business in Spain to Cerberus Capital Management. BBVA then added:

“The closing of the transaction resulted in the sale to Cerberus of an 80 percent stake in Divarian, the company created to transfer the real estate portfolio. BBVA retained the remaining 20 percent stake.”

Sponsored Links by DQ Promote


 


Send this to a friend