OurCrowd, a global online investment platform catering to both individual and institutional investors, streamed a session today that discussed the Top 10 Post-Pandemic Tech Trends that believes are impacting markets. The session was modeled after a popular segment of OurCrowd’s annual Investor Summit held in Jerusalem each year.
Jon Medved, CEO and founder of OurCrowd said that it is important to analyze the tech trends for the smart investor, and where the market is moving – given the “unprecedented growth of the tech investment scene driven by the unbelievable digital transformation.”
The Ten Tech Trends as outlined by OurCrowd are as follows:
- Pivot to Virtual – “Work. Pray. Love: Life Becomes Virtual” – From e-Commerce to work-at-home to online gatherings, the world has moved on-screen and startup tech is powering it.
- FoodTech – “Science Is for Dinner” – Plant-based and lab-produced food is disrupting a $6 trillion industry, meeting demand for quantity, quality, and sustainability.
- e-Commerce – “Retailers Double Down on Digital” – As 60% of our interactions with companies are now online, retailers are ramping up AI and AR personalization, localization, voice shopping and chatbots.
- Water – “Water Means Business” – Innovation is being put to the test to make the world’s most essential natural resource safe and abundant for individuals and industry alike.
- Data – “Data Gets Really, Really Big” – New technologies are increasing accessibility and understanding of the world’s greatest non-natural resource, applying it in every industry.
- Logistics – “Logistics Are Suddenly Sexy” – The past year has shined a light on how vital – and how vulnerable – supply chains are, and the need for innovation to improve them.
- MedTech/Digital Health – “Telemedicine a Day Keeps the Doctor Away” – Onsite diagnostic testing, online medical visits, and remote monitoring are just the beginning of the revolution in healthcare.
- AI – “Spatial Computing Maps the Future” – Advanced AI tech is both driving and leveraging the spatial computing revolution, which will bring human-machine and machine-machine interactions to new levels.
- Green Energy – “Energy Goes Green, Clean, and Lean” – Innovative solutions are taking hold to meet both surging energy needs and demands for sustainability.
- Quantum Computing – “Quantum Computing Beefs Up, Scales Up, and Shores Up” – The promise of quantum computing has been blunted by challenges in scalability, programming, and security, but help is on the way.
- Bonus trend: Cybersecurity – “Cybersecuring the World” – There are no longer any industries or applications that don’t require protection, meaning cybersecurity has become fundamental to every sector and every trend.