At digital assets firm Gemini, they are focused on developing the next generation of financial services by leveraging the transformative power of blockchain or distributed technology (DLT) and cryptocurrency.
Via the Gemini Frontier Fund — their strategic venture investment division — the company has embarked on a journey to support crypto-related startups and business owners/entrepreneurs as they “develop, build, and experiment on the crypto frontier.”
It has been an exciting year for the Gemini Frontier Fund. Following their public launch in March of this year, they’ve focused their investments in three key areas of innovation: Web 3.0, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), and Institutional Tools.
- Alethea AI is a decentralized protocol to “create intelligent and interactive NFTs, or iNFTs.”
- RECUR designs and “develops on-chain branded experiences for fans to buy, collect, and resell NFTs while maintaining smart contract royalties for the creator.”
- Somnium Space is “an open, social and persistent virtual reality world, or metaverse.
- The Sandbox is a community-driven platform “where creators can monetize gaming.” experiences in a metaverse built on the Ethereum blockchain.”
- Spruce Systems is “a decentralized identity tool that allows users to control their data across the web.”
Gemini reveals that it has also invested in:
- 1inch is “a leading decentralized exchange aggregator.”
- Flexa is the “global leader in pure-digital payments, allowing users to spend crypto at thousands of retailers worldwide.”
- Zebec is a platform “built on Solana that empowers real-time, frictionless, and continuous payments, streamlining the settlement of financial transactions.”
- Elementus is “the first universal blockchain search engine and institutional-grade crypto forensic solution, with a focus on building the search and analytics capabilities for blockchain and crypto companies.”
- Meow provides corporate treasuries “with a regulated way to source yields from new asset classes, serving as a conduit to the expansive world of crypto for legacy financial services.”
- Messari has “built a suite of data tools to demystify the crypto-economy, including watchlists, charts, research, and more.”
- Notabene is a compliance platform that “helps companies manage regulatory and counterparty risk in crypto transactions.”
- Onramp Invest is a crypto integration platform “for financial advisors, helping managers seamlessly invest in crypto.”
- X-Margin is a data-driven lending platform that “provides tools to manage the lending and borrowing lifecycle.”
Gemini explained that they have invested in these firms because, like them, they “recognize the profound ways that crypto and blockchain networks will revolutionize society.”
Gemimi further noted that these initiatives believe they will “transform the way we interact with, share, and exchange value and ownership, in the same way that the internet changed the way we interact with, share, and exchange information.”
The Gemini Frontier Fund will continue to “support entrepreneurs who share our mission to unlock the next era of financial, creative, and personal freedom,” the update confirmed.