Yesterday, it was reported that the government of Ukraine has created its own website to accept crypto donations. The site was built in partnership with FTX, Kuna, and everstake. The Ukraine government has now received over $60 million in crypto donations.
Today, Merkle Science is distributing an update on aggregate crypto donations to both the Ukrainian government as well as other entities, stating that over $100 million in crypto has been donated.
While the Ukraine government has garnered the most money, donations have gone to other firms and charities. The approximate breakdown as it stands today according to Merkle is as follows:
- Ukraine Government – $56.63 million
- Come Back Alive (a charity that supports the military) – $17.32 million
- Ukraine DAO – $13.73 million
- Binance Ukraine Emergency Relief Fund – $9.87 million
- Unchain Ukraine Fund – $2.69 million
- The Kyiv Independent (digital news) – $294,300
- Razom for Ukraine – $150,000
- Army SOS – $90,000
- Voices of Children – $90,000
- Ukrainian Cyber Alliance – $40,000
- Belorussian Cyber Partisans – $20,000
Most of the crypto has arrived via Ethereum and then Bitcoin but over a dozen different cryptocurrencies have been utilized to support the Ukrainian effort.
Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine, there was an initial spike in crypto donations but now contributions have tapered off but still arrive daily.