The Potato Salad Kickstarter campaign has quickly become an internet meme and will soon become an urban legend. The thought that a $10 crowdfunding campaign to make … Potato Salad.. could raise over $40,000 (and depending on the time and day much more) is pretty crazy. Now I don’t think anyone holds it against Zack “Danger” Brown that his $10 project launched like a space ship into hyper drive. The crowdfunding gods can be a bit fickle at times – as we all know too well. But Fundrazr, a successful crowdfunding platform in Canada, has put together an Infographic that reviews what could have been .
Let’s take a look at campaigns that have raised over $40,000 on FundRazr.
1) A non-profit children’s charity Ride to Give is raising money for kids in need. $20,000 was raised to help a 7 year old Xavier Bynum battle ganglioglioma, a reoccurring brain tumor. Ride to Give has raised $22,000 for Brody, who was diagnosed with PVL (Periventricular Leukomalacia).
2) A non-profit, Aprons for Gloves Boxing Association, has raised over $40,000 to provide free mentorship and help build confidence through sport and fitness activities among at-risk women and youth.
3) An eight-year-old human rights champion Cayden Taipalus has raised $35,000 to pay for a hot lunch for low income kids at his school.
4) CorgiPals, Inc., an animal non-profit has saved over 65 dogs in need by raising $65,000 on FundRazr.
5) Over $40,000 was raised to help a family that went through a tragic house fire.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!