CrowdIt, a crowdfunding platform, has announced early crowdfunding projects submitted to its site are now available for public preview through its new “Project Carousel” as it prepares for their official launch on June 4th. CrowdIt will continue to populate the carousel with additional projects leading up to their launch . CrowdIt acts as a “virtual incubator” and represents a new approach to crowdfunding by including peer-review feedback, mentoring and business networking as part of its offering. As part of its launch, CrowdIt will contribute $10,000 to the project that reaches the highest amount of funding by Aug. 18, 2013.
Co-founder and CEO Jason Graf said,
“CrowdIt has garnered the attention of entrepreneurs and startup communities that are looking for more than just funding support, and it shows in the type of projects being loaded into the site for launch on June 4. Every day we see more exciting projects come in and we can’t wait for the projects to go live so dreamers can move to the next step in their journey to success.”
Examples of projects being submitted to CrowdIt include:
• EZ Learn Stencil Tablet™ – patent-pending technology helps children in math, reading and literacy skills by helping them to trace and recognize letters, numbers, words, shapes and colors.
• Chalam – this songwriter from India who survived the great 2004 tsunami wants to record and make her music available for the world to hear.
• Imagine IPD – this clean energy startup has a mission to implement its technology to introduce a new and innovative clean energy alternative to decrease the dependence on fossil fuels and reduce carbon footprints.
• Chic Furniture on a Budget: this Tampa Fla. startup helps those on a tight budget find, restore and furnish their home or apartment through well-proven techniques.
• Simply Sinful Lingerie Parties – After more than 20 years in retail and direct sales, this Dreamer wants to incorporate a love for sales and creativity to offer unique and fun products to the world.
CrowdIt’s vision is that crowdfunding needs to extend beyond the funding event – exemplified in its tagline, “Don’t Just Dream It: CrowdIt!” Its website is architected to offer a new crowdfunding experience and to optimize the crowd in all facets of the site – from project evaluation and acceptance to peer review and networking.
CrowdIt is now accepting crowdfunding projects which will go live on the site June 4, 2013. The company is contributing $10,000 to the project that reaches the highest amount of funding by Aug. 18, 2013, 75 days after the go-live date.