Indiegogo has announced their support of the #GivingTuesday movement. The initiative strives to create a global day of giving at the beginning of the holiday season. In its first year (2012), it activated over 2,500 partners and increased online giving by 50%.
Indiegogo has the unique ability to empower individuals, nonprofits and communities to increase awareness for causes they care about.
On a post on the Indiegogo blog, they explained their strategy for #GivingTuesday:
On December 3rd, we want to amplify the impact of your year-end giving. Check out these recent campaigns for some inspiration:
- Humans of New York raised adoption fees to bring home an adopted child from Ethiopia within 48 hours.
- Build Gateway Green generated over $100,000 to tranform 38-acres of unused land into a multi-use, bike park.
- Kite Patch helped pilot a mosquito-repelling technology to help save lives in Africa.
Here’s how you can join us in supporting #GivingTuesday this year:
- Create a #GivingTuesday campaign on Indiegogo and raise awareness and funds that support another person, organization, nonprofit or foundation that you’re passionate about. Already have a cause-related campaign on Indiegogo? Let us know, and we’ll add it to our #GivingTuesday Partner Page.
- Pledge to give 1% of funds raised from your current Indiegogo campaign through December 2nd to a #GivingTuesday campaign on December 3rd.
- Download our #GivingTuesday badge and use #Indiegogo #GivingTuesday to share your experience on social media.
- Contribute to #GivingTuesday campaigns on December 3rd.
- We will contribute $1 for every $20 raised through #GivingTuesday campaigns on December 3rd. The more you give, the more we give.
- Our partner, First Giving, has pledged to donate 1% of the total non-profit funds raised through Indiegogo’s #GivingTuesday campaigns back to a #GivingTuesday campaign.
- We will feature #GivingTuesday campaigns on our #GivingTuesday Partner Page, making it easy to find and contribute to them.
Want to learn how to run a successful #GivingTuesday campaign? Join our Google Hangout tomorrow (November 14th) to hear from our Campaign Specialist who will share best practices and answer questions about #GivingTuesday campaigns!