Venture Capital in Europe has reached a new high following a dramatic quarter over quarter growth. Dow Jones Venture Source is reporting solid numbers for Q1 2016 as venture capital fundraising “rockets”.
According to their data;
- 25 European venture capital funds reached a new high of €2.85 billion during 1Q 2016. Compared with 4Q 2015, total capital raised more than doubled, and the number of fund closings climbed 19% .
- Compared with the same period last year, euros raised improved by 169%, and the number of fund closing increased 14%.
- While the amount of money raised increased dramatically the investment into European companies declined from 4Q of 2015.
- Healthcare received the biggest allocation of investment in Q1 raising €754.05 million or 31% of the total
- Business and financial services came in second capturing € 712.1 million
- BpiFrance continued to be the most active investor by number of deals completed
Which country received the bulk of the money? The UK continued to be the most favored destination receiving € 974 million across 11 different deals.
The complete report is embedded below.