Lobster, the search and licensing platform for user-generated content, announced on Monday it received an additional £1 million investment to further enhance its AI-powered search. The company stated in the upcoming month it plans to release an update, which will bring smart search to video. The investment comes nearly one year after Lobster secured £339,256 on SyndicateRoom
According to Lobster, the latest investment was heavily influenced by KL10CH (“The Key”), a network of tech-focused co-working spaces in Moscow. KL10CH co-invested in the round, while helping to raise about 80% of the funds – including £500,000 from Nikolay Katorzhnov, the former CEO of Otkritie Capital, and smaller amounts from other investors. The remaining 20% will reportedly be derived from UK and international venture angels, and follow-ons from previous rounds’ investors. Lobster’s tech development team are based at KL10CH
Vlad Huber, from KL10CH, stated:“Our strategy is to identify interesting startups in their early
“Our strategy is to identify interesting startups in their early stages and contribute to its development, helping with fundraising and industry expertise. Having companies as residents gives us good visibility on their daily routines and helps us to identify their exact needs”.
Pavel Fedorov, Managing Director at KL10CH, noted: “The case of our
“The case of our cooperation with Lobster shows that KL10CH is not just a comfortable workspace for tech entrepreneurs, but also a hub of expertise. We bring together the brightest teams from science, business, technology, and innovation.”
“Our tech development team has been based in KL10CH for almost a year now, and we very much appreciate what KL10CH is doing for technology education and entrepreneurship. We’re glad that The Key is now our shareholder and grateful for their help in raising the major part of the round’s funds. In Lobster’s early days, we were residing at one of London’s top startup accelerators, which also really helped with introductions to the previous rounds’ investors. I’m convinced that the expansion of this coworking-to-resident collaboration model in Russia is a great next step towards the development of a mature venture ecosystem.”
Lobster is also planning further expansion into U.S., Asian and European markets.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!