KPMG, in collaboration with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), is set to sponsor the 2017 Global FinTech Hackcelerator program as part of the annual Singapore FinTech Festival which will take place from November 13-17th. The organizers of the program revealed:
“The Global FinTech Hackcelerator is looking for the most innovative start-ups from across the globe who can address problem statements contributed by the global FinTech community and the financial services industry. We are inviting start-ups to apply to the programme and demonstrate how they can innovate to address these problem statements. We will select up to 20 teams and match them with industry champions to customise their market-ready solutions into contextualised prototypes ready for adoption.”
The top 20 start-ups shortlisted for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator will have the opportunity to:
- Work with real client owners to contextualize their solution to client and industry needs
- Enter and/or expand into Singapore and the Asia-Pacific regional markets
- Receive guidance and support from industry experts, subject-matter experts, and regulatory bodies
- Build and nurture lasting relationships with a community of passionate professionals and game changers
- Receive a cash stipend of up to S$20,000
Applications must be submitted by July 15th and starting August 20th, the 20 startups selected will go through the 12-week program.
As previously reported, the Singapore FinTech Festival is organized in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) and in collaboration with SingEx Holdings. The week-long event expects to build upon the success of the inaugural festival, which was held in November 2016. MAS revealed over 13,000 participated from 60 countries attended last year’s event.