Future Planet Capital, a UK and Cayman Islands-based global venture capital and impact platform, is now seeking £1.4 million through its equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs. Founded in 2017, Future Planet Capital claims to be the world’s foremost global innovation investment platform. The company has access to technology and life science firms that emerge from academic institutions and the “clusters of innovation” that surround them.
“Our mission is not simply to deliver excellent returns but to create a lasting impact: by connecting the world’s largest investors with its best minds, we believe we can address the greatest challenges that humanity faces today across Climate Change, Education, Health, Security and Sustainable Growth.”
Future Planet Capital also reported that its Fund has been designed in close conjunction with sophisticated investors in order to provide multi-stage access to start-ups, spin-outs, and growing companies, at a scale large enough to suit major sovereign wealth funds and similar institutions. Since its founding
Future Planet Capital further explained that since its founding it has brought $100 million from various investors, raised and invested its first fund, and invested with numerous companies and star managers. Its portfolio of Funds and Companies includes university investors and entrepreneurs, including 23andMe, University Fund, PragmatIC, E14, Halo OSI, Congenica, and Learnerbly. Other key milestones of Future Planet Capital include:
- Provided investors exposure to more than 230 of the very top companies and entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Cambridge, Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Stanford, and more.
- Reached break-even, having generated revenues of more than $2 million to date.
- Deployed $100 million of assets on behalf of institutional investors.
- Established partnerships with top corporates and banks, including UBS-sponsored Align17, Barclays, and Global Corporate Venturing, to ensure that our portfolio companies continue to have access to growth finance.
- Targeting top-quartile venture capital returns on a 5-10 year time horizon.
In regards to what the Seedrs round funds will be used for, Future Planet Capital added:
“We intend to acquire management companies that provide further fee-paying assets. We believe that these acquisitions will generate profitable business from day 1 and a platform from which to grow. The aim is to use the momentum and revenue generated from this to launch the second Future Planet Fund in 2021 and continue our growth with a target of $500 million in AUM by 2025.”
The campaign is set to close at the end of June.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!