VibePay, a UK-based payments platform, announced this week the launch of its new VibePay Business dashboard. According to VibePay, the dashboard will enable small-medium businesses to activate instant account-to-account payments with customers.
“Our new offering adds additional value by creating meaningful connections and experiences between businesses and digital-first customers, providing SMBs with a unique opportunity to engage with their audiences and drive sales, increase reach and conversion.”
The VibePay Business Dashboard includes:
- Enables instant account to account payments
- Removes the need for traditional cards and wallets
- Has a simple-to-use, integrated interface to manage transactions; one-off and recurring
- Includes the ability to monitor orders, track payment statuses, create branded invoices, and action instant refunds
- Quick integrations with third-party e-commerce platforms
- Provides SMEs with unique transactional insights to drive business growth
While sharing more details about the dashboard, VibePay CEO, Luke Massie, stated:
“Our new dashboard enables SMBs to take advantage of this growth and pay and be paid by their customers easily and directly from account to account, removing the reliability on expensive card rails and wallet services.VibePay has been driving the adoption of Open Banking amongst consumers with its peer to peer app and is now available to SMBs. “It is the best of Open Banking in action and we are supporting businesses in reaching their potential through the next wave of payment innovation – creating meaningful connections between consumers and businesses through our technology.”
Founded in 2017, VibePay describes itself asa payment platform offering direct to bank payments to people and businesses aiming to customers in control of their finances.
“Ever since we started Vibe, we knew that payments should be a part of our story, that’s why we’re introducing VibePay. It should be easy to pay for something or someone from your bank. Let’s be honest, no one gets up in the morning and wants to make a payment, so we’re removing both the stress and the fees.”