Payment company Square Inc (NYSE:SQ) announced on Tuesday it has launched its integrated omnichannel solutions for businesses in Ireland. The fintech giant reported that following what it calls a successful Early Access Program, now all merchants and enterprises throughout the country may access Square’s “innovative ecosystem” with tools they need to start, run, grow, and adapt their businesses.
“Ireland marks the first time Square has launched with a full stack of integrated business tools in a new market.”
Square also revealed its suite of products is designed to work with each other to save businesses time and money, reduce inefficiencies from managing multiple systems, and help sellers grow their businesses in the future. The company then noted it will offer fair, transparent, and merchant-friendly pricing for business software and payment processing without requiring long-term contracts or extra fees.
“Square takes care of fraud prevention, dispute management, security, and compliance at no additional cost. Businesses can access their funds as soon as the next working day and only pay a transaction fee when they accept a card or mobile payment.”
Speaking about the launch, Alyssa Henry, Executive Vice President of Square, stated:
“We are thrilled to expand Square’s solutions into Ireland, helping merchants to run their entire business end-to-end with integrated software, hardware, and data analytics, while making it easier for them to take card payments.”
Irish businesses can now sell online, in-person, or both with Square’s integrated suite of products, including:
- Point of sale software and hardware to suit any business: Square launches with two point of sale software products and three versatile hardware devices in Ireland offering both mobile and brick & mortar businesses fully integrated POS software, reliable and secure payments acceptance, and one transparent processing rate of 1.75% for all card-present transactions.
- Square Point of Sale: The trusted solution used by business owners around the world to process payments, sell anywhere, and manage their customer base.
- Square for Restaurants: Extends Square’s core solution by offering industry-specific tools and POS for food and beverage merchants that would ordinarily require multiple vendors, all under one umbrella.
- Square Terminal, Square Stand, and Square Reader: For a limited time, Square Terminal will be priced at €99 (usually €169), Square Stand will be €79 (usually €99), and Square Reader will be completely free (usually €19)
- Square Online: Square’s fully integrated e-commerce platform that automatically syncs inventory and orders with any Square Point of Sale makes it “seamless” for any business to expand through omnichannel selling.
- Business tools to power operations: Square manages the behind-the-scenes details, giving time back to merchants to focus on running their business. Tools will include:
- Invoices, to save time and help businesses get paid faster
- Online Checkout, to quickly sell online through buy buttons and payment links
- Virtual Terminal, to use a computer to take payments over the phone
- Team Management, to streamline timecards and staffing
- Kitchen Display System, to expedite kitchen operations, including delivery orders
- eGift Cards, to provide an additional way to reach customers
- Partner platform and APIs to unlock even more functionality: Square integrates with business tools like Wix, FreshBooks, and Deliverect to enable businesses to use Square seamlessly with third-party software that caters to their specific needs.