The team at Mintos notes that they are pleased to confirm that the first Notes are now available on the platform.
According to Mintos, here’s what you should know about the arrival of the new financial instruments on the platform.
Key takeaways shared by Mintos:
- Investors can now invest in Notes on Mintos
- Currently, there are Notes available for 3 lending companies: CashCredit (Cash Credit Mobile EAD), Eleving LV (AS mogo), and SunFinance LV (SIA Extra Credit)
- Until 30 June, you can purchase both claims (via assignment agreements) and Notes. Then from 1 July, you can only invest in Notes
- Active Mintos and custom automated strategies continue to invest as usual, but the investments provided will gradually transition from claims to Notes
- A special Mintos Investor Q&A has been prepared to address popular investor questions regarding Notes
As noted in a blog post, a “significant milestone has been reached” with the launch of Notes on Mintos.
Investors can now “take advantage of the many benefits that come with investing in a regulated environment,” such as:
- The safeguarding of your assets following MiFID II
- An investor protection scheme of up to €20 000
- A suitable and appropriate product offering
- Increased transparency
Martins Sulte, CEO and Co-Founder of Mintos, says:
“we’re excited that our hard work on this innovative setup for investing in loans in a regulated environment has come to its fruition, and we can say with confidence that Mintos has raised the bar as we bring loans as an alternative asset class up to the standard of mainstream financial markets. A clear and well-established regulatory framework such as MiFID II brings additional layers of protection and transparency for investors – something that’s crucial when it comes to an alternative and relatively new asset class.”
Currently, you can invest in Notes “for 3 lending companies.”
You can find out about these opportunities “with the approved base prospectuses that have been prepared in accordance with Prospectus Regulation and approved by the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC).”
- CashCredit (Cash Credit Mobile EAD)
- Eleving LV (AS mogo)
- SunFinance LV (SIA Extra Credit)
You can “keep an eye out for additional lending companies in the coming weeks.”
If you’re ready to add Notes to your Mintos portfolio, “head to your account to start investing.”
For more details on this update, check here.
In other separate announcements shared recently by Mintos, it was noted that ID Finance reports that the company’s revenue globally “was €43.4M in Q1 2022, 60% more than during the same period of 2021.”
ID Finance further shares that its business in Mexico “signed a new funding agreement totaling €1.9M with US platform Percent and aiming to increase the facility further in the coming weeks.”
In another key update shared by Mintos, it was noted that Eleving Group “reports record performance in key business metrics in its consolidated financial report for Q1 2022.”