PayPal wants to “Stamp Out Checks for Good” while aiding in the drive to raise $500,000 from #GivingTuesday through December 31, 2013. The payment platform provides resources for non-profits on a year round basis but this year they are doing a special push by facilitating donations and creating a new platform StampOutChecks.com.
As part of this initiative PayPal:
- Guarantees 100% of donation goes directly to charities of donor’s choice
- Connects donors to thousands of vetted charities to donate via their PayPal account at StampOutChecks.com.
- PayPal will grow each gift, tacking on the cost of stamps for a year ($5.52) to the charity selected – for every donation of $25 or more
- Geo-targets based on location helping donors find worthy causes in your neighborhood
- Provides options to automate monthly gifts well into 2014
See infographic on PayPal program below.