Kickstarter has done some internal polling and they have delivered a list of favorite games from their staff which were crowdfunded on their platform. The list for video games and table top games – all available now – are below. The list was compiled in recognition of reaching over $100 Million in crowdfunded games on Kickstarter:
10 Kickstarter-funded Video Games you can play right now (in no particular order)
- FTL (Faster than Light) (2013 IGF Finalist), a space simulator aimed at recreating the feeling of cruising through the galaxy in a spaceship.
- Kentucky Route Zero (2013 IGF Finalist), a magical realist adventure game set on a secret highway in Kentucky.
- Organ Trail (at PAX in the Indie Megabooth), a zombie apocalypse parody of the classic Oregon Trail.
- Blindside (2012 IndieCade Finalist), a survival/horror adventure game with no graphics at all.
- Guns of Icarus (at PAX in the Indie Megabooth). You are the captain of a steampunk airship in this post-apocalyptic MMO.
- God of Blades (at Kickstarter Arcade), a sword-and-sorcery saga RPG for iOS.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, the 25th anniversary edition of this classic where you jump, dash and twist through a warped dimension.
- Strike Suit Zero (at Kickstarter Arcade), a fast and frantic space combat game for PC.
- Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, a supernatural adventure game where you play an FBI agent on the hunt for a serial killer.
- Zombies Run, an immersive mobile game where you help rebuild civilization after a zombie apocalypse.
- Sidius Nova, a combination of turn-based and real-time space strategy.
10 Kickstarter-funded Tabletop Games you can play right now (in no particular order)
- Miskatonic School for Girls, the first deck-building game where you get to build your opponent’s deck.
- Sentinels of the Multiverse, an award-winning cooperative comic-book-themed card game.
- Mobile Frame Zero, Lego mechs battling for control of your table.
- Cards Against Humanity (at Kickstarter Arcade), a party game for horrible people.
- Everything is Dolphins, an old-school RPG clone in which you play a dolphin instead of a dwarf, elf or human.
- Zombicide, a zombie survival game featuring 71 amazing miniatures.
- Tammany Hall, determine who really rules New York City in this boardgame about 19th century politics.
- Unexploded Cow, a new board game by Cheap Ass Games creator James Earnest.
- Gunship, dice, cards and boards collide in this tactical space combat game.
- Ghost Pirates (at Kickstarter Arcade), a board game of ship-to-ship tactical action.