Everybody loves a party and equity crowdfunding platform Crowdcube celebrated their 3rd birthday last week with a festive gathering at The Light Restaurant & Bar in Shoreditch. Unfortunately Crowdfund Insider was not able to make it there in person to enjoy the company – but rest assured, we were there in spirit. Cheers to the team at Crowdcube.
Crowdcube is hitting another mile marker: Having successfully funded £20,000,000 via their crowdfunding platform (over $33.4 million for us yanks). Quite a feat having started as a simple idea to transform the funding business for small businesses way back in 2011.
To hit some of the highlights from the Infographic:
- 103 businesses have been funded
- Crowdcube lists 61,551 registered investors
- 54% are 29 to 48 years old
- 65% are from London
- Most popular category for investment? Tech at 71%
- Smallest investment remains £10 with the single largest at £250,000
- Tuesday & Wednesday are the most popular days to invest (any theories on that?)
- Average number of investors per pitch is 86
- Pitch success rate is 24%
- Fastest funded was 1.5 days
- Year over year growth is 562%
So now the only question is – what is next for 2014?