Ready to introduce a brand new revolution camera to the market, Squadrone System has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter for its HEXO+. The device is an intelligent drone that follows and films the user autonomously.
Squadrone System stated, “We initially began thinking about HEXO+ because we needed a solution that would make aerial filming possible in the most remote places: on mountains, in the snow, and in all sorts of unpredictable situations that were quite a pain to deal with when trying to sync a drone pilot, a cameraman and a rider.”
“When we started toying with the idea, we realized that it had the potential to change the face of all kinds of aerial filming, making it dead simple. So we combined our expertise in action-sports, movie-making, drone design and aeronautic software to access to amazing aerial shots with the bare minimum: a drone, a camera and an app on your smartphone.”
Key features of the HEXO+ Aerial Camera include:
- Set the framing on your smartphone and lock your target, the drone does the rest; from auto take-off to auto landing.
- No remote control necessary; HEXO+ automatically follows your movements to main the framing you defined.
- Lightweight, foldable frame and legs, removable propellers and gimbal to fit in a backpack.
- Up to 70 km/h – 45 mph top speed to track even the fastest subject. Wind tunnel test for improved aerodynamics.
- Hexcopter design and 2D brushless gimbal to ensure vibration-free smooth filming.
- Fail-safe software features and six propellers mean a safe landing in case of a problem.
- Built for the best action camera out there.
Its app has iOS and Android versions and features intuitive 3D framing or intuitive live view framing; favorite framing presets; subject framing lock; emergency landing.
The team noted, “On the smartphone side we have an intuitive interface for you to handle your drone easily, position it where you want in space and potentially (stretch goal!) wifi video live feed. This user interface is backed by trajectory anticipation algorithms that crunch data coming from the sensors on the drone and smartphone to predict the next, most likely position of the subject.
“This enables a quick, accurate tracking of the subject and is key in achieving great images. Finally, the smartphone and the drone communicate relative position to each other and data over the MAVLINK protocol, developed by the ETH in Zürich.”
Since its launch on June 15th, the HEXO+ campaign has surpassed its initial $50,000 goal and raised $577,615 from 1,074 backers. It is set to close on July 15th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!