Giving backers another chance to contribute more funds, the creators of TouchPico’s Indiegogo campaign have extended its time crowdfunding on the platform. Originally set to close this Tuesday (August 26th), the project reached its initial $55,000 goal within the first 24 hours.
- Project: Users can project a 80” display to any flat surface
- Two-Way: Interaction and two-way, meaning you may use it to project Skype chat on any wall
- Interact: You can use the infrared Stylus to touch a wall (like a smartphone touchscreen)
- Unlimited apps: Download any app from Google Play and use as normal
The device is considered unique due to it providing users with many versatile options. It’s for everyone from children to parents to dancers to teachers.
Another key thing is TouchPico’s stylus. It has a tiny infrared emitter and its single is captured by the device’s tiny built-in infrared camera. The device is also considered a portable, handheld gadget for those on-the-go. Its slightly heavier than a Samsung S4 and just about the same size. It can easily fit in a pocket or a briefcase.
TouchPico supports native Android apps, but since the screen goes beyond the limits of traditionally sized mobile screens. Developers can do the following:
- Develop board games that involved the whole family with several people playing on the wall or Android smartphones.
- Develop educational games, allowing teachers and students to interact with each other via the projected screen on smartphone.
- Build new apps to share, discuss ideas or projects on Interactive Table.
- Any app idea that could flourish with a larger screen will benefit with the features of TouchPico.
Since its launch, the campaign has raised close to $567,000 from a little over 2,000 backers. Its now set to close on September 25th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!