The data firm PeerIndex has raised over 83% of its £500,000 equity crowdfunding campaign goal on Seedrs. PeerIndex is a multi-award winning start-up which helps companies extract intelligence to make faster, more costeffective decisions by understanding the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers and influencers on social networks. Currently backed by Merdian Venture Partners, Anthemis Group and angel investors like Tom Glocer (former CEO of Reuters), Marko Ahtisaari (former SVP Design at Nokia) and Shery Coutu, PeerIndex tracks and analyses the people and messages on social networks such as Twitter with its product, PiQ, giving marketers real insight into consumer and celebrity influence. “Marketers can improve understanding of their target audience and make faster, better, more cost-efficient decisions on marketing, pricing, product, partnership and customer service,” according to the campaign.
PiQ is a software-as-a-service (SAAS) platform for marketers which helps them turn data from social networks into real business insight to make better marketing decisions. Examples include:
- Creating and tracking the right audience for one’s business
- Intelligently segment one’s audience to send the right message to the right people
- Help you share inspiring content relevant to your audiences
- Identifying the right influencers who could impact one’s business
According to the campaign, “PiQ from PeerIndex exists to help businesses identify what their target customers actually discuss on social media. Our proprietary technology allows our clients to identify and understand their actual & likely customers, turning social media chatter into social intelligence. Focusing less on who’s following or mentioning your brand and focusing more on what the people who actually will buy your brand care about. Our research and data has shown that a lot of brands are caught in a cycle of competitions and discounts rather than building valuable content and connections with their customers on social platforms. We have built PiQ from PeerIndex to become the solution and the future of Social Media.”
PeerIndex has identified three strands of potential revenue, including data integration, enterprise sales and freemium.
Use of crowdfunding campaign proceeds:
- Development (50%): Our product roadmap includes extending our data coverage to include Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. It also includes enhancing our ability to license our capabilities to the major marketing software providers.
- Sales and marketing (25%): This will support our sales and account teams to handle demand for our products.
- Operating expenditures (25%): Covering our various working capital needs.
For further campaign details and financial information, please click here.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!