With the help of 127 investors, Astar Pets has overfunded by 117%+, securing over £293K on its Crowdcube campaign. The startup exceeds its original £250,000 target goal for the 13.52% equity offered As reported by Crowdfund Insider’s Samantha Hurst, “Astar Pet’s is on a mission to help pet lovers find everything they need to truly enjoy every moment with their furry pals. They are currently working on an online platform that allows small manufactures and local services providers, as well as establishing national and international brands to sell directly to their customers.”
Founded in 2013, Astar is a pet marketplace that specializes in premium pet foods, treats, accessories, and toys. The company gives customers the benefit of having all their “luxury” pet requirements in one place.
Astar explains its services:
1. Suppliers sign up and are approved to trade on Astar Pets: Suppliers then agree to meet our customer commitments (e.g. delivery times and returns policy).
2. Astar Pets selects and curates products on offer from each supplier to create a unique online offer: The commercial team selects products to meet our customers’ needs and helps suppliers to create an exciting online offer by optimising their product descriptions, imagery and on site presentation.
3. Customers shop: People browse over 8000 products, check product and seller reviews and then checkout and order as they would from any other online retailer.
4. Suppliers recieve their orders: Once a customer has placed their order, it is immediately sent to the supplier, who takes payment and dispatches the items (normally within 48 hours and often sooner).
5. Customer Service team tracks orders: The Astar Pets team works with suppliers and customers to ensure that deliveries arrive on time and that customer expectations are met every step of the way.
Astar’s Crowdcube campaign is set to close tomorrow, 16 October 2014.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!