In one of Silicon Valley’s most remarkable (and eagerly anticipated) feats of innovation, a small but passionate team has resolved the issues surrounding hover technology by using magnetic field architecture (MFA™) to transmit electromagnetic energy more efficiently than ever before possible. As proof of concept, the company — Arx Pax — has created a working overboard prototype called Hendo, as well as Hendo Hover Engine developer kits, both of which are part of the rewards program in its Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign to raise $250,000.
According to the campaign’s website, Hendo is introduced as the world’s first REAL hoverboard and hover developer kit. The magic behind the hoverboard lies in its four disc-shaped hover engines. These create a special magnetic field which literally pushes against itself, generating the lift which levitates the board off the ground. While the hoverboard is primarily intended to be self-propelled, the actions which stabilize it can also be used to drive it forward by altering the projected force on the surface below.
The team shared, “The hoverboard is simultaneously fascinating and exhilarating. The enabling technologies existed, but no one had yet been able to align them to bring a hoverboard forth. Hendo has done so, and our hoverboards are working in almost every way we could have imagined. But perfecting it will take a little more time and resources.”
Founder and inventor Greg Henderson stated, “About two years ago, we began investigating MFA and hover technology as a better way to build, move people and move materials. During our research, we discovered a way to transmit electromagnetic technology that is far more efficient than anything else. This means that our patent-pending Hendo Hover Engine technology can enable platforms to hover over non-ferrous materials with payloads of virtually any size and weight.
“While the possibilities are both exciting and nearly limitless. We decided to build a overboard prototype and hover engine developer kits right out of the gate. Our hope is that the Hendo Hoverboard will generate excitement, enthusiasm and financial interest from people who want to see it brought to fruition, and that our hover engine developer kits will spark the imagination of millions of potential inventors of other hover technology solutions. It is still early days, but we are absolutely thrilled because we have proven conclusively that what was widely considered impossible is, in fact, possible.”
Those who donate to the project will receive the following:
- $100: Hendo Hoverboard Ride A five minute overboard ride redeemable at our Silicon Valley location or a future hoverpark near you. (250 available)
- $299: The White Box Developer Kit complete with a Hendo hover engine and enough surface to hover something of your own design.
- $499: The Whitebox+ with the same engine as the regular Whitebox, but with an app for propulsion and control.
- $1,000: Coach and Ride One-hour overboard ride with private coaching by team Hendo hover boarders. (25 available)
- $2,000: VIP Access to Hover Event On 20/21/2015 meet famous people and schmooze behind the scenes with the Hendo creative team. (30 available)
- $5,000: Meet the Hendo Team We’ll fly you roundtrip, put you in a hotel for two nights and show you around town. You’ll meet Greg, the Engineers and even Tippi the office dog. VIP Access to Hover Event on 10/21/2015 also included. (10 available)
- $10,000: The Hendo Hoverboard You will own one of the world’s first 10 production hover boards. It will be presented to you at our 10/21/2015 Hover Event where you will have VIP access. (10 available)
Hendo’s crowdfunding campaign is set to close on December 15th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!