The description of the game reads,”The King, once Armello’s wise and benevolent ruler, has fallen ill to a dark and mysterious force known only as the Rot. Slowly eating his body and soul, the Rot twists him deeper and deeper into madness. In response, Armello’s Great Clans have called forth their Heroes to claim the throne of Armello; and this is where you start your adventure, Hero.”
The launch version reportedly improves what the Early Access community awarded a 93% positive rating by doubling the number of playable characters from four to eight, introducing a new winter themed board, overhauling all the graphics while maintaining the same art-style and completely revamping multiplayer matchmaking.
- Pick-up-and-play simplicity while maintaining the depth of turn-based strategy
- Experience a new procedurally-generated board every match
- Choose from eight playable characters, each with their own unique play styles
- Explore over 200 dynamic quests to earn items, cards or stat bonuses
- Collect and play more than 120 beautifully animated cards
- Select one of two game modes – single player or online multiplayer for up to four players
- Conquer Armello in four ways – Combat, Prestige, Spirit Stone or Rot
Trent Kusters, founder and director of League of Geeks, revealed:
“When we first had the crazy idea to blend the deep strategy and experience of tabletop gaming with the stunning visuals and rich, immersive experience that digital affords, we could never have imagined how far that idea would take us. After years of dedicated hard work and with the help of an outstanding in-game community, Armello has reached a level of polish and sophistication that makes us very proud to formally release it as the very first game from League of Geeks.”
Armello can be purchased on Steam and PlayStation 4 for $19.99 USD. Playstation Plus members can pick up Armello with 30% off for the first two weeks after launch. The game is available in 13 different languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!