On Thursday, UK-based equity crowdfunding platform Crowdcube celebrated the new year by unveiling some highlights of the past twelve months.
Check out Crowdcube’s 2015 highlights below.
- Two exits in one year, including the world’s first successful crowdfunding exit
- A crowd of over 230,000 investors, with 105,000 joining this year alone
- The #FundedClub grew to 330 businesses with 130 from this year
- £73m invested into startups and growth stage businesses this year
- £6m investment led by Numis with Balderton Capital, Draper Esprit and Tim Draper also investing
- 20 businesses have raised more than a £1,000,000, with four raising over £3m
- Revealed as the ‘top equity investor’ by Beauhurst
- Crowdsurfer stated that Crowdcube is leading the UK’s investment crowdfunding market with 52% market share
- Crowdcube named as one of the UK’s fastest growing and most disruptive tech companies by The Future Fifty
- Winning 12 awards, with six being won in a space of four weeks
- Crowdcube partnered with Amazon Launchpad
- The UK Government has invested in numerous deals via Crowdcube as a result of its London Co-Investment Fund partnership
- Over 2,000 bond investors have received a total of almost £500,000 in interest payments
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!