2015 was the year that financial technology entered the mainstream, claims the new report “Pulse of Fintech” from KPMG and CB Insights (see also the University of Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance seminal benchmarking surveys last year), which estimates that VC-backed fintech firms around the world secured $13.8 billion in funding as they began having a serious impact in every area of banking and insurance, according to a statement.
You may also like...
- London Regtech ComplyAdvantage Receives $20M from Goldman Sachs, Part of its $70M Series C Extension
- Crowdfunder Update: CEO Chance Barnett Announces VC Fund
- To Win Long Term, Goldman’s Online Lending Effort Will Need to Win Over Millennials
- Bond Street Founder David Haber Joins Andreessen Horowitz as GP
- Coinbase Investor Andreessen Horowitz Might be Launching New $1 Billion Cryptocurrency focused Fund: Report
- There are Over 30 Partner Banks Representing Hundreds of Fintech Relationships, Rex Salisbury, Partner at a16z Reveals
- Innovate Finance Releases UK Fintech Report: Very Big Deals
- Axoni Secures $32 Million Through Series B Funding Round Led By Goldman Sachs & Nyca Partners
- Exclusive: Rebtel CEO Magnus Larsson Discusses Securing $8M Funding for Digital Banking Expansion
- Decentralized IT Security Marketplace PolySwarm Receives Crypto-Focused BlockTower Capital Investment, Prepares for Nectar Tokensale
- Digital Challenger Bank Revolut Raises $66 Million in Series B Funding
- Mobile Fintecher LevelUp Dials Up $50M Financing, JP Morgan Chase & U.S. Boston Capital Lead Round
- Banks, Startups and Trolls to Duke Over Blockchain?
- No Thanks: Goldman Sachs Drops Out of R3 CEV Blockchain Group
- Brief: Y Combinator Continuity Leads LendUp’s Latest Round to Grow L Card